Announcing The Octant Community Fund Round 2

GM for all the Octant Community,

Here’s René, to share my interest in joining the Grants Council as a member. I have more than 3 years doing MKT things in a few DAOs & projects, in 2023 started to collab with Nación Bankless how Marketing Lead, and this year with Push DAO like Push Marketing Lead and Grants Lead. In this Push Grant Program V3, we have more than 20 applications, we start with this session developed in Charmverse.

I have over 10 years of experience marketing for Web2 brands and projects. I started my pad in web3 joining the “Espacio Cripto” community in 2022 to learn more about the crypto space in this space I met @cryptoreumd.eth and started a good friendship there, started to know more about DAOs and early become in the moderator of this community. In 2023 I kicked off to collaborate with Nación Bankless (a unique subDAO of Bankless DAO) with a lot of curiosity to learn more and try to develop my skillset, in this space, I can share a lot of knowledge and discover a good space to enroll my know-how with learn-do-it to help our community to develop their skills with great content.
At this time we can do a lot of grant proposals and review a few of them, with the two rounds we develop on Gitcoin:
Community Alliance, Beyond Coordination, with Arbitrum and 1Inch.
First Talent Protocol Gitcoin Grant for Mexican Projects

I was an active member of the Octant community a few months ago when I joined this wonderful space.
We can help to share the amazing work of Octant in the direction of the Latam community to learn more about the Octant word.

These are a few activities we developed for Octant with my great friend CryptoReuMD (Nación Bankless is a grantee of Octant):
– A talk about Octant by CryptoReuMD in the Wakah Chan event.
– The first IRL bLock Party in Mexico into the Wakah Chan event.
– The first bLock Party in Spanish in the Octant Discord.

I attend as a speaker in a panel of Public Goods into the Ethereum México 2024.

I hope this information has been useful to Octant’s Board of Directors so they may consider me as a member of the next board of grants.

My socials:
X/Twitter
Warpcast
LinkedIn

10 Likes

I am an experienced product leader with over 17 years in software product management, strategy, and leadership, spanning across diverse sectors including eCommerce, FinTech, EdTech, Retail Tech, Event Tech, and Digital Media. With hands-on experience in building and scaling innovative solutions in both Web2 and Web3, I believe I am well-positioned to contribute effectively to the Octant Grants Council. My career journey has seen me drive strategic growth initiatives, achieve market leadership, and foster collaboration among stakeholders and cross-functional teams.

Alignment with Octant’s Mission

I resonate strongly with Octant’s mission to foster innovation and contribute to the growth of the Web3 ecosystem. Having founded and led multiple Web3 initiatives, I am passionate about decentralized technology and its potential to create positive impacts. As Chief Product Officer at Hash Network, I led the creation of the core strategic assets of the ecosystem, including launching Nurdle NFT and SaaS subscription plans. My experience with Web3, DePIN, token-based fundraising, and community growth uniquely qualifies me to assess proposals with a deep understanding of both technology and the community’s needs.

Additionally, as the founder of Prakruti Sense Foundation, I have demonstrated my commitment to social impact and community development. This experience has given me a unique perspective on the importance of sustainable solutions that empower communities—values that align closely with Octant’s goal of promoting decentralized, impactful projects.

Relevant Experience

• Chief Product Officer, Hash Network & WebHash: Led the creation of the brand narrative, attracting VC interest, and in a process of launched NFTs and subscription plans that significantly boosted user adoption.
  • Founder, Web3Wire: Created Web3Wire, a media platform, providing curated updates and insights into the Web3 space. This project helped me understand the nuances of decentralized media, including managing distributed information, ensuring trustworthiness, and reaching diverse communities. Web3Wire aligns closely with Octant’s mission to foster transparency and accessible information for everyone in the ecosystem.
  • Director of Product Management, Rubick.ai: Directed the rebranding and growth of an eCommerce platform by implementing a data-driven pre-purchase solution. This experience helped me understand market positioning, effective team development, and operational excellence.
  • VP Product, Wiztales: Launched Altyug, India’s first eCommerce and events metaverse, focusing on Web3 and digital community engagement. My expertise lies in driving user growth and aligning teams towards achieving strategic business goals.
  • VP Product, LetsVenture: Spearheaded product vision and strategy for a leading fundraising marketplace in India, achieving a 10x increase in transactions. I played a key role in transforming the business model, driving operational efficiency, and creating value for startups and investors alike.
  • Founder, Prakruti Sense Foundation: Founded the Prakruti Sense Foundation with a focus on social impact initiatives, community development, and promoting sustainability. This experience has enhanced my ability to identify projects that offer real, positive change for communities, aligning well with the mission of Octant to foster impactful solutions in the Web3 space.
  • Grant Evaluation & Due Diligence: Worked with WhaleTank Capital, conducting technical due diligence for startups, evaluating funding opportunities, and assessing their viability. I have an eye for identifying potential, feasibility, and alignment with strategic goals, all of which are crucial for grant evaluation.

Skills & Value to the Grants Council

• Strategic Evaluation: With a proven track record in product strategy, road-mapping, and growth initiatives, I can effectively evaluate the strategic potential of projects, ensuring they align with Octant’s mission.
  • Web3 Expertise: My four years in Web3 (including working on a B2B Metaverse, token-based fundraising, and DePIN initiatives) provide me with the technical knowledge and community involvement necessary for contributing to the growth of decentralized ecosystems.
  • Collaborative Leadership: As a seasoned product leader, I have extensive experience working across teams to align on goals and strategies. My work often involves close collaboration between tech, marketing, sales, and operations to ensure holistic success.
  • Stakeholder Engagement: Having engaged with VCs, led investor discussions, and created narratives that drive investment and growth, I can contribute meaningfully to council operations involving cross-group collaboration and effective decision-making.
  • Visionary Approach: My experience founding and scaling startups in both the Web2 and Web3 domains has equipped me with an innovative mindset. I am prepared to bring creative solutions to the Grants Council, adding value to both the selection and advisory processes.

Commitment & Vision

I am committed to contributing my time and effort (20-24 hours total) to support Octant in its next phase of growth. By joining the Grants Council, I aim to leverage my background in decentralized governance, product strategy, and community building to identify high-potential projects and help drive the growth of the Octant ecosystem. I believe in fostering the next wave of Web3 innovation by supporting initiatives that focus on scalability, adoption, and community impact.

Closing Statement
I am excited about the opportunity to join the Octant Grants Council, where I can help shape the future of the Web3 ecosystem by empowering innovative projects and ensuring fair and strategic distribution of grants. My diverse experience across Web2, Web3, and community development, coupled with a deep understanding of product growth, makes me a valuable addition to the council.

Contact Details
LinkedIn Profile | Twitter

3 Likes

Hello, my name is coffee-crusher, and I’m excited to submit my application for the Octant Community Fund Grants Council, Round 2.

I’m an experienced grants committee and governance council member at several DAOs, including BanklessDAO and RARI DAO, as well as an active participant at Arbitrum DAO, MoonDAO and SheFi.

Qualifications

• Elected to the Grants Committee at BanklessDAO
  • I currently serve on the BanklessDAO Transition Council, a six member team whose responsibilities as Stewards of the DAO are to reorganize the DAO, including rebranding, membership, tokenomics and updates to the Constitution
  • And I’m a delegate for the RARI DAO

My Motivation to apply

With my experience in grants, governance committees, and as a delegate, I’m committed to helping underrepresented communities—especially women-led projects—gain access to public funding. My hands-on approach focuses on empowering newer projects and underserved groups, ensuring they have the support needed to thrive and grow with the Octant community.

My current Web3 projects

• I serve as the Growth Marketing Lead and Campaign Launch Manager for Bankless Card (BCard). My responsibilities include brand awareness and marketing launches
  • I have been a member of the Arbitrum DAO Social Media Fellowship team since April 2024, and I’m involved in the “Arbitrum Autumn” marketing campaign
  • And I’m the co-founder of the SheFi DePIN Club, an educational club under the SheFi umbrella that educates women by hosting bi-monthly live events with industry experts to help women learn and earn in DePIN projects.

My prior Web2 experience that supports my on-chain projects

Before diving into the world of Web3 and DAOs full-time in October 2022, I had accumulated over 20 years of experience in Silicon Valley. My professional journey involved building SaaS B2B marketing teams for both startups and Fortune 100 companies such as Netscape and Sun Microsystems, along with numerous small startups. I played a key role in growth and marketing strategy, and have successfully managed operating budgets exceeding $4 million USD. My academic background includes a BS in Economics from the University of San Francisco.

What I can offer the Community

I identify as a communicator, drawing from my extensive experience in the world of DAOs. Looking forward, my outlook is optimistic, driven by the belief that anything is achievable with the right team and community. I strongly emphasize teamwork, firmly believing in the collective pursuit of greatness.

My skill set extends beyond communication, encompassing content writing, program management, and governance. I approach challenges with a positive philosophy, valuing collaboration as a key driver of success. Known for my hands-on approach, I believe in giving everything I do 200%.

In essence, my expertise lies in effective communication within the DAO landscape, complemented by a forward-thinking perspective, a strong commitment to teamwork, and a versatile skill set spanning content creation, program management, governance, and grants committee involvement.

Thank you for considering my application to join the Octant Grants Council and serving the community to expand the opportunity for more underserved community grant recipients.

Thank you!
coffee-crusher

4 Likes

Application for Octant Grants Council Membership

Introduction

I, Deborah, am excited to submit my application to join the Octant Grants Council. With my experience in leading blockchain communities, contributing to decentralized projects, and passion for public goods, I am confident in my ability to effectively allocate grants and shape Octant’s ecosystem growth.

Relevant Experience

1. Borderless Tech Club Lead, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Anambra state.
    • Fostered a community of blockchain and tech enthusiasts, promoting education and collaboration.
  2. Blockchain Community Manager, Unizik Blockchain Lab.
    • Developed and implemented strategies to engage students and facilitate blockchain adoption.
  3. Women in DeFi Anambra Chapter Outreach Administrator and Space Host
    • Empowered women in DeFi through workshops, events, and networking opportunities.
  4. Blockchain Revolution Conference:
    • Former Project Manager
    • Current Head of Operations

Contributions to Public Goods and Decentralized Projects:

1. Organized workshops, hackathons, and conferences promoting blockchain, web3 and Tech
    awareness and adoption.
  2. Collaborated with blockchain-based startups, providing guidance and support.
  3. Contributed to open-source blockchain projects through research and community engagement.

Web3 Ecosystem Experience:

1. Familiarity with decentralized governance models and grant review processes.
  2. Network of connections within the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem.
  3. Understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing decentralized projects.

Vision for Octant’s Growth:

1. Foster a diverse and inclusive ecosystem, supporting underrepresented groups.
  2. Encourage innovative, community-driven projects promoting social impact.
  3. Develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to amplify Octant’s influence.

Grant Review and Governance Experience:

1. Evaluated project proposals for blockchain-focused conferences and events.
  2. Participated in decentralized governance discussions, ensuring community involvement.

Why I’m the Right Fit:

1. Unique blend of community leadership, project management, and Web3 expertise.
  2. Proven track record of contributing to public goods and decentralized projects.
  3. Passionate about empowering diverse voices and promoting ecosystem growth.

Conclusion:

I, Deborah, am committed to Octant’s mission and eager to leverage my experience, network, and vision to drive ecosystem growth. I am confident that my addition to the Grants Council will ensure effective grant allocation and strategic decision-making.

Thank you for considering my application.

Contact Information:

Email: chinaemedeborah1@gmail.com
LinkedIn: Okwor Deborah
Twitter: Cheric Leo

1 Like

Hi Octant crew! :sparkles:

I am sharing my interest in joining the Octant Community Fund Grants Council, Round 2. I am a women in Web3 community leader that has been very active in driving funding and growth opportunities to diversity-focused emerging technology groups for over ten years. I would love to contribute my experiences that bridge the worlds of Web3 community building and marketing, public goods, DE&I, and grant funding. I am excited to contribute to Octant as I believe there are many aligned values with myself and my organization, from public goods, research and analysis, and diversity in your delegates and programs.

My Intention In Applying

If accepted, this will be my first time joining a grants council. I am wanting to bring my passion for the grants space and very active in-the-field Web3 experience. It is an exciting time in this space, as many of the initial structural tools and processes have been initiated. I believe we are now ready to explore additional strategic layers of growth and impact as an industry. These are key areas of the Web3 industry, including grants, that I am very active in and would like to contribute to with this Council, including:

A) Funding diversity and emerging markets. This spans from awareness-building for diversity-led projects to legal frameworks for diversity tracking.

B) Expanding grant funding programs to those that focus on increasing public goods adoption through education, community growth, ambassadorship, partnerships, and business development.

C) Facilitating connection between Web3 organizations - from grant collabs to funding programs in partnership with ecosystems.

D) Contributing to impact tracking and measurement.

My Background and Experience

Inclusive & Collaborative Web3 Growth:

As a women in Web3 community leader and educator, I am demonstrating value creation through the following:

• Co-Founder of SI<3>, an organization focused on driving diversity and accessibility in Web3. We are currently working on aggregating and unifying women in Web3 communities, so that we can lead and collaborate with partners as an ecosystem.

This is a recent podcast I did with Wirex that talks about these initiatives and our Si Her Co-Active:

• Granting Access: in August, hosted a 3-hour virtual event bringing together grant funding operators and a women and non-binary audience. Mashal Waqar from Octant was one of our speakers in our ‘Strategies for Equity & Inclusion In Web3’ panel: Granting Access with SI<3> | LinkedIn

• FIXX (Financial Inclusion XX Chromosomes) Initiator. This is a 6-month DE&I education and working group with Web3 organizations offering grant programs. We have a fantastic group of participating organizations for our first season, including Octant. Our monthly themes include Diversity & Visibility, Advocacy & Allyship, and Impact Tracking & Measurement.

Diversity-Focused Funding Contributor:

Ten years ago I began my journey into supporting women in tech with funding as a Chapter Lead of the Vinetta Project, which connected women-led startups to women investors. The VC space remains challenging, with 6% of Web3 VC funding going to women. I am hopeful that we can move the needle further towards equity in the grants space, and believe now is the time to do so.

Successful Grant Writer and Contributor :

In the process of building SI<3>, I have written and received six grants. In this process I have learned about many facets of the grants landscape (including the challenges). I’m inspired to utilize my research and learnings and move them into action and mentorship. I am currently a mentor for Octant’s Accelerator program, and have led workshops for our community of women in Web3 founders on strategies for receiving grant funding.

DAO Contributor

I am an active DAO member of Unlock Protocol, where we collaborate on programs, educational workshops and partnerships.

I would be grateful for the opportunity to go deeper into the Octant ecosystem and drive impact through public goods!

Kara Howard

https://karahoward.siher.eth.link/

**this submission was made on Oct 4th but approved on the 5th…so technically I made the deadline :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Regm y’all​:green_heart::people_hugging:

What I do and care about:

Organic community building, activating regen dots, deep weaving - in all of my work the regen ecosystem comes first. I deeply care about decentralizing distribution of opportunities (x.com ) and capitalizing changemakers (x.com) as well as respecting resources in the ecosystem including time and energy of changemakers. One of the most high leverage points of action I see and take is connecting people and other kinds of regen dots in impactful ways. As an in-betweener (It’s High Time We Finally Fund The “In-Betweeners” ) this takes shape in miscellaneous ways - including: personalized sharing of aligned & relevant ways, places and times to get involved in the community as well as opportunities for funding & visibility and other information for authentic changemakers).

I do what I can* to foster impactful collaborations ( x.com ) when I feel called to do so which I do here with everything I’ve witnessed from Octant so far. Serving on the Octant Community Council would genuinely be a great honor for me.

*which is why I rarely - like in this text - use silo’d role titles

examples of things I’ve been doing consistently as social infrastructure for the broader regen ecosystem:

• planning & co-hosting twitter.com/nftfsg spaces for over two years Thursdays 12pm EST
    providing a safe, reliably regular welcoming space for change makers to check in, get a spotlight
  • Publishing regular threads of ‚upcoming fairly regen aligned spaces‘to make it easy for regens to find relevant spaces quickly and keep an overview / plan to decrease frustration of not learning about them in time and increase meaningful participation. Integrated into the weekly https://web3forgood.substack.com/ newsletter it also expands awareness for hosted spaces across the sometimes algorithm-led distribution of information on twitter
  • curation of cross-network groups based on overlap in alignment, place and time

These and other ways I’m involved in the space lead to me to having a finger on the pulse of what’s happening & brewing in the regen space.

Involvement in grant rounds ran by gitcoin, greenpill network and giveth:
So far I’ve supported aligned teams raise funds in grant rounds and helped grant ecosystems during grant rounds in different ways; e.g. inviting people who would want to know about deadlines and online events, scheduling guests who would wanna speak anyways but might not be aware of opportunities to speak, concepting the scope and criteria of grant rounds and the governance around it, both putting together as well as running online event such as open conversations as well as interviews - often in the time constraint frame of a grant round. The work I do in the ecosystem also often includes being a filter, distiller of information between grantees and grant managers with questions and concerns.

Examples of & and insights I am bringing to Octant:

organic ecosystem weaving (genuine & authentic community & relationship building x constantly evolving understanding of the regenerative ecosystem), direct feedback while still keeping a civil culture of discussion/debate and being genuinely curious about the people I speak with (more formal terms applicable here from my background as a trained mediator would be „active & deep listening“), swiftly cutting through bs & noise,

I’m eager to make positive impact sustainable from a financial perspective, identify approaches that make a future more realistic where doing good becomes more interesting than the status quo. Sensing key pieces of the puzzle in organizations is what inspires me to join teams which is the reason I joined the changecode.io team and now applying for the Octant Community Council

Seeing how intentionally and genuinely Octant and its team & council members keep showing up with a myriad of initiatives inspired day-dreaming of how to expand aligned participation and growth of the Octant ecosystem for which I believe I’ve done the work to position myself well.

I would love to contribute more directly to the evolution of Octant to realize the potential to sustainably funding public goods and do it in a great way, with an organic, community driven way.

yours truly :mushroom:

civil

3 Likes