Giveth.io is an open-source, transparent, and user-friendly donation platform that allows projects to crowdfund on Ethereum Mainnet, Gnosis Chain, Polygon, Optimism, Celo and Ethereum Classic. It supports the work of web3 & real-world impact projects, with zero fees on donations and no intermediaries. Giveth promotes philanthropy with innovative web3 donation features such as donor rewards, decentralized project curation & quadratic funding. Currently, nearly three thousand projects are raising funds on Giveth, ranging from feeding the homeless to building open source software.
Giveth’s goal is to revolutionize the funding of public goods, helping nonprofits evolve beyond sacrifice-based systems into ones that benefit all parties involved. Through Giveth, impact projects will eventually be nurtured into DAOs with regenerative economies, thereby transforming the Giveth DApp into an impact investment hub for public goods. Our roadmap is set up to gradually empower nonprofits with web3 tech by giving them access to new chains, new ecosystems, new fundraising tools, and ultimately aims to give them their own economies by introducing Gurves - bonding curves collateralized by GIV.
Giveth exhibits several characteristics that qualify it as a public good:
- Open Source & Radically Transparent: All our code, development and work as a DAO is completely open and forkable. Our calls take place in open discord channels and are streamed live to YouTube. Our goal is to build in public so that anyone can learn from or improve upon what we’ve built.
- Free for Donors & Project Owners: Anyone can create a project on Giveth in minutes and start raising funds for their for-good initiative. Donations are completely P2P - with no intermediaries or platform fees - funds go directly from the donor’s wallet to the project’s.
- Globally Accessible: Giveth is home to projects all over the world - from land stewardship projects in Latam to educational programs in Africa. The platform is available in 3 languages, and we are working on adding more. Our goal is to connect projects and donors on a global scale.
- Community-Driven: We actively seek to involve our community in our evolution. We run an ambassador program and use Praise to reward decentralized contributions to our development, communications and growth.
- Verifying Projects: Giveth offers for free a system of project verification, wherein we investigate and validate if a project on Giveth is verified public good and, in particular, providing free value to their communities with a history of impact. This means that donors can trust that projects are who they say they are and they are making a real, verifiable impact.
- Giving Back: We take supporting public goods one step further by giving rewads to donors to verified public goods projects on our platform.
Giveth is - in essence - a public good that supports other public goods. We are community first, open source, globally accessible, and on a mission to reward and empower those who give.
Giveth is an open source zero fee platform that has been around since 2016, sustained without any VC investment. We are actively working to create sustainable funding mechanisms and are heart-set on creating economic models instead of extractive models. Our funding to-date has come from (in order of impact):
- Application-based grants and RetroPGF
- QF rounds
- Dev work for third parties
Giveth’s core team comprises around ~15 full time members, bolstered by over ~30 dedicated contributors who share a deep passion for our cause. Notable team members include:
Griff Green, a co-founder of Commons Stack, Giveth, General Magic, and DAppNode, is a prominent figure in the Ethereum community and a top steward in various Ethereum projects.
Lauren Luz, Giveth’s product lead and communications advisor, known for spearheading major Giveth initiatives and campaigns. She’s a visionary leader in the Giveth DAO and a problem-solving advocate.
Cherik, Giveth’s Lead Front-End Developer, has been instrumental in enhancing the front-end design of Giveth products.
Almond focuses on community building and communications, strengthening Giveth’s connections and outreach.
Giveth has been around since 2016 and has a very strong reputation in the space. We’ve had strong representations at various conferences including this past year’s EthDenver, ETHBarcelona and Devconnect Istanbul. You can find more info through our site, socials or github, linked below:
Instagram: Giveth Io (@giveth.io) • Instagram photos and videos
Github: Giveth · GitHub
Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative technology and sharing results publicly? Yes!
Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used? Yes! 50% of the funds will be used to fuel quadratic funding rounds on Giveth (i.e. will be used to match donations to public goods projects on our platform). The other 50% will be used to pay salaries of our team so that we can continue building and improving our donation platform, and supporting our community.
Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)? Yes! All donations made through our platform are P2P, on chain, with zero intermediaries.
Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects? Yes!
Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project? Yes! Links above.