RADAR Launch: onchain reputation and rewards for early adopters and builders
RADAR Launch is a social patform where Builders and creators can share updates on their projects, build onchain reputation for building the future and get support from early adopters. Early adopters can ‘believe’ in projects, build onchain reputation and get rewarded for being early (revenue splits of later believers) This is an entirely new way for builders to find sustainable revenue to build the future, and where early adopters can get recognition and rewards for supporting early. Its a new model for crowdfunding which replaces unsustainable raises with smaller boosts and passive rewards. Part devfolio x zora rewards.
RADAR Launch is build by RADAR DAO, and entirely community owned and bootstrapped community of 400+ innovators, researchers and builders making the future more accessible.
Underpinned by Launch each user has an ERC6551 identity, (an NFT acting as a smart contract) that serves as a dynamic reputation ledger for every user on the RADAR platform.
You onchain identity can create, believe, and collect projects. When they do they also collect onchain ‘tags’ which represent the interests and goals of the project. For example, a project building a better future in ‘AI’ or ‘Climate’ These tags would be added to whoever supports these projects, with a timestamp of when they did.
These tags are a new identity layer for early adopters, showing what they believe in, and the futures they want to be part of.
Imagine if the millions of early adopters on kickstarter could show that they were early to support projects, or topics.
Whenever users ‘believe’ they spend a small fee (1$) which is split between:
- the project creator
- Believers of previous update
- Other builders in the builders topic.
This creates an entirely new way for builders to be rewarded, incentivising more support across the project, and early adopters to share the project. It also encourages the builders to share more sustainable updates, rather than grant raises. All the data on Launch is onchain and so open source, and all APIs from the site are accessible so others can build ontop of the reputation layer.
Not only is it creating more equitable ways to build, but the reputation for launch also aims to facilitate a more participatory form of decentralized governance by allowing users to signal their belief in projects through a low-stakes, ‘like’-like behavior called ‘believing.’ This reputation can then be used across social and governance graphs.
- Transparency: The onchain nature of the ERC6551 token ensures that all interactions are transparent and verifiable, thereby reducing the likelihood of fraudulent activities.
- Accessibility: The system lowers the technical barriers for participation in decentralized governance, making it more accessible to individuals who are not deeply versed in blockchain technology.
- Community Empowerment: By enabling a more nuanced form of reputation building, the system empowers community members to have a say in governance decisions, thereby fostering a more democratic ecosystem.
- Interoperability: The ERC6551 token is designed to be compatible with existing and future decentralized applications, making it a versatile tool for various forms of online interaction and governance.
- Inclusivity: The low-stakes nature of ‘believing’ in projects allows for a wider range of community participation, including those who may not have significant financial resources to contribute but whose opinions and beliefs are valuable for collective decision-making.
- Interest-based Governance: We believe that decision-making should be made by those aligned and with an invested emotional interest in better futures, Future tags and proof of future reputation allow you to seek decision-making and discussion from those passionate about topics.
By making understanding the future more accessible we’re hoping to empower millions of builders to build better futures, with the reputation and resources to do so.
Since the platform going live in August we’ve:
- Partnered with NPC day driving traffic to Launch in collaboration with OPGames and FuturePrimitive to set a 10k prize pool (100% goes to builders)
- 21 curated projects active on Launch and 20+ in pipeline
- Partnered with Kernel0x and Budil Guidl for a $10,000 prize pool (100% goes to builders)
- 2k unique users on Launch since the platform went live last month
- 300 builders viewed our first brief ‘The New Players’
- Partnered with ETHrome to create page for the event
- Projects have already generated prizes and revenue, one project GAUL has raised 400$
- We’re built the site to include onchain ‘believe’ functionality and are currently working on our network graph and reputation (see github)
As the RADAR Community we have:
- Describe your traction. Are people using your product, engaged in the community, etc?
Built a highly engaged community. Among our 400+ members, we have roughly 50 regular weekly contributors, more than 100 members contributing during each research cycle, between 40-50 attendees in once- to twice-a-month Town Hall events, and six community members running self-initiated projects that bolster engagement and activity among smaller groups. Activity and engagement are balanced between research, incubate, and community initiatives.
- Our last reports, A Future In Sync and A more playful future have had over 10,000 unique readers
- Each of our reports has had over 100 contributors and has been led by a project team of 5-6 industry-leading foresight and strategy practitioners from around the world.
- To date, the community has shared nearly 4,500 signals and nurtured 1,400 discussion threads on concepts that run the gamut of culture and society.
- In 2022, our Futurethon gathered 400 participants to ideate around A Future In Sync, while our recent publicly ticketed futures collaborative was attended by industry leaders from agencies and brands including Lego, Future Forum, Ad Council, Miro, and Nike with an average of 60-70 attendees per session.
- Designing our reputation graphs and metrics
- Implementing the ERc6551 identity and building the reputation UX
- Implementing revenue splits
- Implementing a network graph to show users connected to belief and interest
- Updating UX across the whole site
- Updating all videos to onchain media
- Bootstrapped community with thousands of hours put in by members over 2 years
- 23,000$ made from event sales and NFT crowdfund all reinvested into community initiatives and no pay to core team
We’re looking for;
- $20,000 funding to cover:
- Development of ERC6551 login and storing ERC1155s & Future tags as onchain signatures
- UX design and development (showing users tags and icons / badges)
- Implement splits so that beleivers and builders can get revenue shares to incentivise platform use
- Updating general UX
- Building out our data vis network into the platform to show the relationships between believers
- Partnership planning; working with partners to implement this reputation within governance and other utilities like research, product drops etc
Co-founded of Protein Community & RADAR, both decentralised communities at the forefront of web3. Protein is reimagining social impact through the lens of good growth. RADAR is full stack futures community. Fancy has run hundreds of workshops, multiple hackathons, and has deep roots in the web2 brand strategy and create worlds. Fancy also advises brands entering the web3 landscape, a key stakeholder in SeedClub (SC02) and has written extensively on web3 models for ForeFront.
With a nearly decade-long career grounded in creative strategy and qualitative consumer research, Today, she’s spearheading a Cultural Futurism practice within the strategy group at Dentsu: leveraging foresight to help brands understand — and future-proof — themselves in rapidly shifting context.**
Marcus Pang is a full stack web3 developer and hacker, winning prizes ETHMunich, ETHWarsaw, and some local singapore hackathons as well as contributing too ETHTokyo, ETHParis, ETHMunich, ETHWarsaw, Solana Grizzlython.
Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative) technology and sharing results publicly?
Yes we’re committed to the project already already open source, as well as all our research into the future, and data around cultural shifts and trends. All reputation will be onchain and accessible individually
Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used?
Yes we’ve outlined above what the funding will cover, which will be executed by Marcus as well as additional contract support from the RADAR Network, all funding will go towards improving the Launch platform and not any other parts of RADAR
Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)?
*100%, a huge part of RADAR is giving users sovereignty over their data and the ability to control its utility and access *
Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects)?
yes, we believe finding more sustainable roots for funding builders is key to decentralising power and control over who gets to decide on the future
Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project?