TEC is dedicated to advancing the state of token engineering by integrating cutting-edge economic models and simulations into the Public Goods ecosystem. Recognized as a public good, it fosters trust in blockchain technologies through transparency and innovation, benefiting the entire community without direct financial return. By facilitating practical applications like dispute resolution, programmable contracts, and economic simulations, TEC contributes to a robust, equitable, and efficient blockchain Public Goods infrastructure.
- Community Contributions through Gitcoin Grants Rounds and the TEC DAO “hatch”
- Grants and partnerships with leading Web3 foundations and DAOs like ENS
Seeking funding for project-specific operations, primarily for the sponsorship of a TEC QF round
- QF Round Sponsorship perks
- Brought to you by the TEC and “X” branding
- Prominent Branding on TEC Grants Portal
- Branding on all campaign communications
- Co-branding on TEC profile banner on Twitter/X during campaign
- Featured Speaker at kickoff Twitter/X Space (Optional)
- Featured in Token Engineering as Public Goods events series
- TEC “Co-Sponsor” NFT
- Total Funding Request: 31.5k
- QF Operations: 4k
- QF anti-Sybil: 2.5k
- @gideonro Gideon - Former Microsoft and social tech entrepreneur; now strategy and partnerships for TEC
- Nate - TEC Coordination Team, Writer, Contributor, Researcher, TEC steward.
- Bear - TEC Coordination Team member, organizational development & finance.
- Griff Green - Co-founder of Giveth, Commons Stack, Praise, General Magic & DAppNode; Top Steward in ENS, Gitcoin, Optimism, Arbitrum, TEC as well as many other Ethereum community projects.
It is worthy of note that the TEC does not have founders. It was born out of a partnership between Commons Stack and the token engineering community. Collaborative decisions were and continue to be made by the community. We developed a methodology, we call Economic Co-design, that educates the community about decisions to be made and invites open participation in those decisions. This methodology was used to decide on the parameters of the TEC economy including the mission, vision and values, the Hatch, Conviction Voting.
- $470K in grants successfully distributed by TEC to date.
- Recognition from running the last three Gitcoin Token Engineering Grants Rounds.
- Notable GitHub contributions to cadCAD and Inverter repositories.
- First DAO to ever be economically designed by the community-First DAO to ever use an Augmented Bonding Curve (Similar to the one used by friend.tech)
- Truly a DAO, when the token holders vote, the transaction is executed, no need for multisigs or legal entities in the middle.
Yes, our GitHub contributions under OSI-approved licenses showcase our commitment to open-source and public sharing.
Our budget details funding use, including $25k for QF operations and $2.5k for anti-Sybil measures, ensuring clear transparency.
Our work in token engineering advances freedom and privacy, with no involvement in surveillance or personal data handling.
We support decentralization through Web3 projects and partnerships with Web3 foundations and DAOs.
Our social proof is confirmed by our grant distribution history and recognition in Gitcoin Grant Rounds, with team presence on social platforms.