MetaGame is a Massive Online Coordination Game in the making - a mash-up of a learning platform, a social platform, a freelancing network & an MMO-RPG.
In its current form, MetaGame is a community, an educational platform & a network of DAOs with the goal of onboarding more people into the DAO space & helping more people build successful DAOs.
Everything we do is open source & available for free. Our public goods are our newsletter, our podcast, events, and the platform that acts as a knowledge base & a resource hub teaching people about Web3 & DAOs, with these goals:
- Teaching people about the good side of crypto & the true potential for impact.
- Onboarding people interested in contributing to DAOs rather than just degening.
- Connecting builders to projects & projects to users, through everything we do.
- Supporting the Web3 ecosystem in its growth.
In its final form, MetaGame is about helping people find the most optimal ways to play life while solving individual & collective problems. A network state about using cutting edge technologies for social & ecological impact.
An alternative, a decentralized socioeconomic system optimized for wellbeing, solving problems, making an impact & helping each other become better versions of ourselves, as opposed to value extraction & profit maximization.
It’s a public good because everything we produce is fully open source. Also because it’s thematically geared towards impact entrepreneurship & helping people level up, both of which benefit the public.
- Friends & family (Patrons)
- Grants & donations (MetaCartel, Gitcoin, DAO Drops & Optimism)
- Improving UX/UI of MetaGame itself - the web app has been built over 3 years by dozens of volunteers gaining experience & it shows. MetaGame is currently undergoing a huge UX/UI revamp.
- Continue hosting workshops & panels, and writing DAO playbooks that cover all important areas for building successful DAOs, in collaboration with experts.
- Start reaching for self-sustainability by implementing token subscription based membership, a primitive that will be useful for other onchain communities as well
- Matchmaking - a matchmaking system for connecting people to projects
- Web3 Craig’s list to start aggregating tools & services for web3 builders
- Finish the UX/UI raid by the end of S12 (December 21st)
- Have all the workshops organized & DAO Playbooks written by the end of S12 (December 21st)
- Subscription based membership primitive (December-January)
- Matchmaking system (January-February)
- Web3 Craig’s list MVP (January-February)
$25-50k - the minimum should help us “finish” the UX/UI revamp & produce playbooks covering basics for building successful DAOs. The maximum would make sure the revamp goes great, that we cover everything needed with educational content, and even build some new features including at least 1 useful primitive for the wider DAO ecosystem.
- peth - Summoner of MetaGame & member of MetaCartel, Etherean & a DAOist since 2016, writer, podcaster & bizdev
- Alec - full stack dev with 15 years of experience.
- dysbulic - Writing code for the last twenty plus years, webpages since the web was a baby, & web3 for about three years have honed dysbulic’s skills as a developer and software architect.
- Sero - 5+ years experience in web dev. Highly skilled fullstack develop Typescript/JS, HTML, CSS, #1 on Dework, the DAO bounty platform Contributed to 15+ DAOs/Web3 projects Raid Guilder
MetaGame started as a DAO in 2019, with $5k & people mainly paid in reputation tokens.
Since then, we’ve shipped v1 of the platform, produced loads of content, had hundreds of community calls, organized 4 conferences and onboarded dozens of people to working full time in Web3 - all for ~$300k in total.
Some of the things:
- MyMeta Profiles (decentralized profiles built on Ceramic)
- Quest Chains (a decentralized education protocol)
- The Onboarding Game (a text-based choose-your-own adventure game)
- ChievMints (a dapp for minting achievement NFTs)
- MetaGame v1 (all of the above + Quests + MyDashboard)
- Organized over 100 community calls, mostly with guest speakers & projects
- Organized 4 conferences & a hackathon, MetaFest Croatia being the latest
- Got notable advisors such as Griff Green, Michael Zargham & Hanzi Freinacht
- People created over 1000 decentralized profiles.
- Shipped over 200 newsletters with 12k subscribers
- Produced over 50 podcast episodes with 150k listens
- Onboarded at least 50 people to work full-time in web3.
- Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative) technology and sharing results publicly?
- Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used?
- Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)?
- Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects)?
- Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project?