PublicHAUS: Accountability App
Public HAUS is not just a protocol; it’s a transformative initiative that aims to redefine the very concept of public goods in our increasingly decentralized world. Built upon the robust foundation of the DAOhaus ecosystem, Public HAUS is more than a technological marvel—it’s a social contract, a new way of interacting with public goods and governance in the digital age.
Anchored in the principles of transparency, participatory engagement, and value co-creation, Public HAUS is designed to be a beacon for open-source projects and public utilities. The initiative is not just about creating a set of tools or a platform; it’s about crafting an ecosystem where the sum is greater than its parts. The ultimate goal is to progressively decentralize the DAOhaus protocol, thereby empowering individuals and communities to have greater agency in governance and decision-making.
The Accountability App serves as a linchpin in this ambitious project. It is meticulously designed to make intricate social commitments and concrete, measurable accountability metrics transparent. This dual-layered approach to visibility allows for a more comprehensive and nuanced evaluation process, ensuring that teams are fairly compensated upon the completion of their goals.
The proposed course of action involves not just the development but the seamless integration of the Accountability App into the DAOhaus platform. This is a critical step in addressing the existing gaps in accountability and coordination within the ecosystem. It’s not just about adding a new feature; it’s about enhancing the entire governance framework to make it more robust, transparent, and equitable.
The overarching aim is to further decentralize the DAOhaus protocol by creating systems that can operate in synergy with it. This is part of a grander vision where PublicHaus serves as a template for how public goods can be managed and governed in a decentralized context, setting a new standard for community-driven projects.
- CCO: DAOhaus has previously raised funding through a community contribution fundraise which enabled the development of DAOhaus V2.5 and V3.
- Moloch DAO: DAOhaus received a grant from Moloch DAO which paid for audits on for V3.
- The Graph: paid for subgraph services.
Seeking project-specific funding for ongoing development and decentralization efforts.
Phase One: Research and Discovery (4-6 weeks, $20,000)
- Conduct comparative and competitive analyses of existing solutions.
- Intensive study to understand the composition of out-of-the-box solutions.
- UX research including user interviews, user stories, user flows, and low-fidelity prototypes.
- Test initial assumptions and validate potential solutions for integration with DAOhaus and Moloch DAO communities.
Phase Two: Design and Development (4-6 weeks, $30,000)
- Design the necessary user interface.
- Develop additions to the DAOhaus SDK.
- Conduct engineering solutions to the problem.
- Necessary codebase and a functioning MVP.
Will run in parallel with Phase One in an agile and iterative manner.
Phase Three: Testing and Documentation (4-6 weeks, $10,000)
- Actively testing with a group of peers.
- Expand to alpha and beta testing within the web three crypto natives, OG Daoists, and governors community.
- User testing reports released to the community.
- Polished and refined MVP ready for public release.
Will be conducted in parallel with the other phases in an agile and iterative manner.
- Iteratively integrate learnings to polish and refine the application during and after public release.
- Encourage the developer community to iterate upon and integrate our solution into their own communities in a way that makes sense.
Total Request: $60,000
- Phase One: Research and Discovery
- Budget: $20,000
- Phase Two: Design and Development
- Budget: $30,000
- Phase Three: Testing and Documentation
- Budget: $10,000
- Budget: $10,000
- Duration: 3-4 months for total execution
- Chris Wylde - Project Management / Testing
- Travis Wyche - Design
- Sam Kuhlmann - Development
- Travis McCutcheon - Product Management/Development
We have spent our entire careers empowering projects with intuitive tools and holding them accountable to their commitments. We are a diverse collective with experience in design, development, and product as well as philosophy, production, and innovation. We have each been involved in projects of high scale and are capable of producing high quality, professional work.
It is not a stretch to say that each of us are well known in the “DAO” world for the work we do and our involvement in the space.
Please check out the links to our individual github accounts to see our individual work, collectively, the DAOhaus monorepo is the most significant. DAOhaus Monorepo
For anybody wishing to delve deeper into DAOhaus’ culture, please check out some of the links in our linktree. This site includes links to the DAOhaus summon app, articles on Mirror, links to our docs sites and many more.
- Chris Wylde @boiler_chris
- Travis Wyche @traviswyche
- Sam Kuhlmann @samkuhlmann
- Travis McCutcheon @earth2travis
We are currently able to accept ETH in our eco.daohaus.eth multisig (0x4A9a27d614a74Ee5524909cA27bdBcBB7eD3b315)
- Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative) technology and sharing results publicly?
- Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used?
- Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)?
- Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects)?
- Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project?