Revoke.cash - Helping web3 users stay safe

Project Name: Revoke.cash

Project Description and why it’s classified as a Public Good:
Revoke.cash is a suite of end-user security tools that help people stay safe in crypto. It was created by me in 2019 as a side projects, but over the past years it has grown into a staple of web3 security tooling. The main product is a token approvals dashboard that enables users to inspect and manage their token approvals across 60+ different networks. We’ve also created a browser extension that provides pre-transaction warnings for certain high-risk interactions.

All of our software is provided free of charge and open source licensed (MIT). We may add certain paid features in the future if it’s required in order to sustain the product or enable those features. Even if we do add these kinds of paid features, we plan to open source this functionality, so that it is possible to self-host instead.

Funding sources:
All funding has been from Grants, donations and sponsorships. In descending order of amounts received from inception until now: Gitcoin Grants, Optimism RetroPGF, Sponsorships, ENS Grants, Direct Donations.

Seeking project-specific funding or funding for general operations:
We’re seeking funding for general operations. All grant funds we receive goes towards paying for continued development, infrastructure, and other running costs.

Team Information, including backgrounds and roles:

• Rosco Kalis: Founder and Full-Stack Developer. Also handles all surrounding business activities, such as social media, marketing, administration, etc.
  • Dries Steenberghe: Full-Stack Developer (Part Time).
  • Several contractors in the fields of design and development that we’ve worked closely with from time to time on a project basis.

Social Credibility / Links:
GitHub repository with development: GitHub - RevokeCash/revoke.cash: ❌ Revoke or update your token approvals
Twitter with social media activity: https://twitter.com/RevokeCash

Some examples of mentions from high profile companies:
Coinbase: help.coinbase.com/en-au/wallet/security/dapp-permissions-token-approvals
OpenSea: support.opensea.io/hc/en-us/articles/4410153816723-How-can-I-cancel-or-lower-the-price-of-NFT-listings-
Ledger: support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9038403790237-Revoke-active-allowances-with-revoke-cash
Sushi: RouteProcessor2 Post Mortem | Sushi

Discord contact: roscokalis

Eligibility Criteria:

• Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative) technology and sharing results publicly?
  • Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used?
  • Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)?
  • Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects)?
  • Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project?
1 Like

Quite the timing for you all to join with everything that took place last week. Really a big fan of your project, and thanks a ton for sharing these extra resources.

I highly encourage anyone who hasn’t yet checked out Revoke to go and do so. Go see what tx’s you’ve signed and what dapps youve given permissions to, as it can be extremely important for keeping your funds safe!

1 Like

Incredibly fast thinking taking the website offline almost immediately last week - you guys handled that very well. Makes me very happy revoke continues to get funding in the ecosystem! Grateful for y’all, have used revoke many times in the past few years

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, it’s definitely been quite the week!

2 Likes