Unitap is building the smoothest experience to onboard new unique individuals into web3 & empower newbies to go from zero to one in their crypto journey.
Unitap removes the entry barrier. Instead, new UNIQUE HUMANS are rewarded for learning.
- Learning by doing. New users are handheld through a learning journey with bite-sized content that takes them from zero to one with onchain challenges. All in one place.
- Incentives. Users may get rewarded for learning about different ecosystems, dapps or protocols.
- Sybil resistant. No reward system is safe from exploitation without Sybil-protection. Unitap uses BrightID to distribute rewards among UNIQUE individuals.
- Free Gas drips. No more pay-to-play through painful entry points like bridges or onramps. Newbies can discover Web3 for free. They can claim gas drips from 18 different networks in Unitap’s Gas Taps, our Sybil-resistant faucets, to start learning.
- Different reward mechanisms. Some users prefer a small reward after they do a task, while others prefer to take a chance to win a larger prize. In Unitap users can get both. Token Tap for small rewards to every user and Prize Tap with larger prizes for some lucky winners.
- Gas Tap. Sybil-resistant gas faucets. New crypto users can start using new networks frictionlessly. No need to bridge or onramp.
- Token Tap. Sybil-resistant token distribution tool based on customized criteria. Anyone who fulfills the criteria can claim any kind of token such as community tokens, NFTs, UBI tokens, and whatever else comes next.
- Prize Tap. Sybil-resistant tool to create raffles based on customized criteria. Anyone who fulfills the criteria can participate in raffles to win larger rewards.
- Learn Tap. Learning journeys to take new users from zero to one in web3.
Unitap products are public goods that are open source & are meant to be public good composable legos. Here are the public goods that we provide:
Education: Learn-to-earn and learn-by-doing bite-sized content to take new crypto users from zero to one through onchain challenges.
Free access to web3. Anyone can get drips of gas on 18 networks (and counting) to start discovering new ecosystems.
Fair distribution mechanisms: Gas Tap, Token Tap & Prize Tap provide incentives & rewards fairly through BrightID Sybil-resistant technology in coins & any kind of tokens such as community tokens, NFTs, UBI tokens.
Unitap uses the GPL-3.0 license. We are committed to developing only Open Source Software. Everything that we build is available on our GitHub repositories: Unitap · GitHub
Unitap is universally available to all people without limitation. It is a mechanism to fairly distribute gas drips, tokens & prizes to for UNIQUE humans through non-intrusive, privacy-first identity verification (BrightID).
Web3 where we are pushing the frontiers of decentralization, Unitap aims to help onboard new people easily into web3 to learn about the opportunities unlocked by decentralization.
Our ethos is to be multichain because we want to grow the entire ecosystem. Hence, Gas Tap already services 18 networks with many more to come.
Our Sybil resistant mechanism to distribute any kind of tokens prevents the exploitation & accumulation of tokens by only a few abusive actors.
Funding the Gas Taps is permisionless & we will also host multiple identity verification mechanisms in the following releases.
We have mostly bootstrapped development so far.
Unitap sold NFTs for premium accounts.
We have charged modest initial setup fees for some Gas Taps.
Grants & donations. ENS small grant round 9 & GG18.
We would be happy to use the funds we get from Octant to build what the community considers more important.
This is how we propose to split the funds into three main projects:
- Fill Gas Taps (20%). Our Sybil-resistant gas faucets are a key innovation that makes onboarding into web3 frictionless. We want to have enough gas available for new crypto users. We would like the Octant community or GLM token holders to decide which Gas Tap networks to fill. 100% of these funds are distributed to users or used to facilitate those distributions.
- Learn Tap development (60%). Learn Tap is still under development & is the main element to take newbies from zero to one.
- TBD (20%). We are considering doing public good funding raffles on Prize Tap that can increase engagement in Octant. If this gets tricky then we will split this budget on the previous categories.
Filling the Gas Taps.
- Do a community vote to decide which taps to fill.
- Fund the Taps.
Learn Tap development.
- First MVP includes an “Intro to web3” mission that helps users learn about very basic concepts such as wallet, send and receive tokens, swap, bridge and change fiat to crypto.
- Make sure Learn Tap can read onchain data to see if the users are doing the challenges.
- Connect Learn Tap with Token Tap or Prize Tap to be able to reward learning.
- Ali Lari - Founder of Unitap, treasury manager and businessman helping Unitap grow. https://www.linkedin.com/in/alilari/
- Adam Stallard - Founder of BrightID, Clr.fund & Unitap. CTO at Bright ID. Steward Gitcoin. C. Adam Stallard adamstallard (Adam Stallard) · GitHub
- Phillip Silva - Founding advisor of BrightID & Unitap. Director Hedge for Humanity. https://www.linkedin.com/in/philip-silva-0124a4b/
Bastin: Dev lead - https://twitter.com/bastin_mohamad
- Yazdani - Product Manager at Unitap - Core team member at BrightID - https://twitter.com/itsyazdani
Unitap Dapp is live distributing Gas, Tokens, and prizes for Unique individuals at https://unitap.app/
- 120,000+ total claims
- 18 Networks
- 200+ Unitap passes sold (premium account) at 0.1 ETH
- $3,000+ USD fairly distributed
- 3798 Unitap users
More key stats at: https://unitap.app/
- Do you have a commitment to open-source (i.e. every open-source license accepted by the Open-Source Initiative) technology and sharing results publicly?
- Have you provided transparency about how exactly funding will be used?
- Are you advancing values of freedom and privacy (no surveillance and handling of personal data)?
- Are you supporting decentralization in various fields (for example building Web3 projects)?
- Have you provided social media channels to the extent that we can confirm social proof of your project?